Monday, April 7, 2014

Only as deep as…

As we are heading toward May’s Off the Mountain Serve Week (yep it’s grown from a day to a week) and I was reminded of the statement Perry Noble – pastor of NewSpring Church in South Carolina:

You are only as deep as the last person you served.

Do you agree?  Here’s Perry’s comment in context.  It came in response to people who say that they want to go deeper:

“I wanna go deeper.” You know what I tell people that say that around here? You’re only as deep as the last person you served. You wanna talk deep, let’s go check your tithing record and see how deep you are. (audience laughter) Deep? Deep? Most Christians are, John Maxwell said it, ‘Most Christians are educated way beyond their level of obedience anyway.’ What you’re really saying is, You want me to stand on the stage and confuse the heck out of you so you don’t have to apply what I teach on Sundays. I could do that.”


So do agree or disagree?  Who is the last person you served?


1 comment:

  1. Literally 30 seconds after I read this I was presented with an opportunity to serve someone. It was a small thing, but it was a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete