Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Some People Are Worth Melting For


Last weekend I had a chance to see Disney’s latest animated film Frozen.  I absolutely loved it!  As a dad of daughters I liked that the princess is no longer dependent on a prince to rescue her (sorry if that’s a spoiler).  The music is amazing (and ready for Broadway) and the dialogue is witty for both kids and adults.  

That is especially true of the very likable character, Olaf the Snowman.

One of my favorite scenes had this exchange between Olaf and Kristoff (the heroic ice merchant):

Olaf the Snowman: I don't know why, but I've always loved the idea of summer and sun and all things hot.

Kristoff: Really? I'm guessing you don't have much experience with heat.

Olaf the Snowman: Nope.

Olaf provides great humor and also one of the movies most beautiful moments. In a pivotal moment (and after gaining some experience with heat) Olaf expresses his love for Anna (the princess) when he tells her: Some people are worth melting for.

I’ve been thinking about that a lot since seeing the movie. 

Some people are worth melting for.

When ordinary people realize that people are worth melting for it can lead us to places where God does extraordinary things.

One of the ways you can show someone that they are worth melting for is to invite them to join you at church – where you can introduce them to Someone who believes that they are actually worth dying for.    A simple ordinary invitation can lead to an extraordinary transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment