Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WYSIWYG

Earlier today I noticed that a friend used the acronym WYSIWYG. It’s pronounced wizi wig and stands for: What You See Is What You Get.

Thank to wiki I learned that the term is used in computing to describe a system in which content displayed during editing appears very similar to the final output, which might be a printed document, web page, slide presentation or even the lighting for a theatrical event.

I was also reminded that the phrase originated with comedian Flip Wilson. The Flip Wilson Show aired on NBC from 1970 – 74 (8 to 12 years old for me). I loved Flip and especially his character “Geraldine” who liked to remind us that wizi wig.

I’m working on this weekend’s message on transformation and hoping to encourage the Grace community that WYSIOAGAWWWB (What You See Is Only A Glimpse At What We Will Be – pronounced wizio agawib).

I’d love your thoughts on two questions:

What's the biggest change you’ve experienced in yourself?

What would you like to change about yourself (even in 2010)?

No comments:

Post a Comment