Monday, December 21, 2009

Kingdom Challenge Answered

Earlier this fall we invited the congregation to take a Kingdom Challenge. The challenge was simple: trust God with your finances by giving more over ten weeks.

This morning I received a check (payable to Grace) attached to a Kingdom Challenge card and a note that reads:

This is for…
…the black purse I didn’t need
…the herringbone tweed halter vest I really didn’t want
…the printed metallic scarf I put back on the rack
…the shawl collar shirt that I didn’t order
…and a slew of other things, “stuff,” that I didn’t need.
Merry Christmas!

This has to be one of the very best notes (and checks) I’ve ever received. The memo line on the check reads: “Stuff I didn’t need!

I’m convinced that in letting go of what wasn’t needed this Kingdom Adventurer discovered the true treasures of contentment, trust and joy!

That makes for a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment