Monday, May 18, 2009

Orlando Magic

OK I can’t let yesterday’s Orlando win over Boston go by without a quick post.

Kim and I were in the O-rena 20 years ago for the Magic’s opening night.  We suffered through the really lousy years every expansion team must endure.  Rejoiced with all of Central Florida for the back to back drafts of Shaq and Penny.  Still remember the pain of Nick Anderson’s two missed free throws against the Rockets in the first game of the Finals.  Became Laker haters when Shaq was “stolen.”  Struggled through the Grant Hill surgeries and the T-Mac years.

Watching Dwight Howard and company beat Boston last was a perfect ending to a great day.

And I know I’m a fan but I actually believe the Magic match up well against the Cavs.

For 20 years I’ve loved this game and the Orlando Magic.

The Magic used to have a store called the Fan-Attic (maybe they still do).  I’m reminded of a Winston Churchill quote:

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Count me a Magic fanatic!

Prediction:  Magic over the Cavs in 6

No comments:

Post a Comment