Friday, December 19, 2008

The Stranger

Preparing yesterday’s message on unveiling our faces I couldn’t get Billy Joel’s song, The Stranger, out of my head. I was in high school when the album was released in 1977 and so many of the songs bring back so many memories (Only the Good Die Young, Always a Woman, Vienna, She’s Always a Woman and my favorite, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant).
Before I can fully focus on this coming week’s message, here’s one last glance at The Stranger.

Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out andShow ourselves
When everyone has gone
Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the strangerBut we love to try them on
Well we all fall in love
But we disregard the danger
Though we share so many secrets
There are some we never tell
Why were you so surprised
That you never saw the stranger
Did you ever let your lover see
The stranger in yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment